I love summer. People are nicer, generally, the weather’s better, and there are lots of fun activities planned all the time.
When I was a kid, I didn’t like summer as much. Basically, I was a nerd. I loved school (I still do love school), and after the first couple of weeks of summer vacation, I was ready to go back; with the exception of a few family road trips and vacations.
Yesterday evening, I sat on the patio of Hilltop Grille eating dinner with two of the coolest people I know, and I found myself thinking, “This might be one of my favorite summer memories.” I then begin to think of some of my other favorite summer memories:
- riding my bicycle with my neighbors all around (until the street lights came on, of course)
- catching “lightning bugs” in mason jars
- traveling with my Junior Olympic track team to various states for track meets
- working and hanging out at Hargraves Recreation Center
- Project Uplift
- Sunflower County Freedom Project
- learning how to spit watermelon seeds (I know, it’s SO uncouth) on the patio of Ty’s parent’s house
- going to pick to strawberries
Good times and GREAT memories! So, what’s your favorite summer memory?