In all seriousness, Preacherman is one of the smartest, most gifted people that I’ve ever met. Sometimes we have conversations and I find myself in awe of how his mind works- his ability to make connections and to explain complex things in such a simple way that it’s almost impossible to not understand it. He does this incredibly well all the time, but it is amazing to watch him do this with the word of God as a preacher and teacher.
In preparation for our next season, Preacherman will preach messages to me- actual messages that he would preach to a church full of people. They are awesome. And I’m not just saying this as a proud wife. I’m saying this as a believer who leaves the message having experienced God in a new way, and having learned something that I can apply to my life, making me a better person.
A couple of weeks ago, Preacherman preached this message entitled “A Higher Definition”. It was such a powerful message, based out of 1 John 3:1-3 and 1 Peter 2:9-12. Here are some of my key takeaways from this message:
- The world and its systems do not own me. I belong to God.
- I am not to be defined by what others say I am: I am CHOSEN, I am HOLY, I am ROYAL, I am a PRIESTHOOD!
- We are set up to be victorious.
- Real victory is achieved with real opposition, not just going with the flow of the world.
- I cannot allow myself to be defined by anything other than Christ. That’s too low of a definition.
- Because I am a child of God, I have promise, power, and purpose.
- If I fail to live a life like Christ, I am allowing others to die in darkness.
This was SUCH a good word, and I hope those snippets above bless you as the message blessed me. Interested in hearing the message? Let me know and I’ll figure out a way to get it to you!
Be encouraged! Peace and blessings!
February 23, 2014 at 1:31 pm
I would like to hear the message if possible. Tell Preacherman I said hello. Thanks.
February 25, 2014 at 12:05 pm
Hi Harold! We will get a copy of the message to you- not sure if it will be via email or otherwise, but you’ll have it soon! Preacherman says “hello” also! Take care!