I’ve been writing in this space for almost 10 years now, and while there are some things you might be able to guess about me just from reading, there are others that may surprise you. I decided to share some of those things that you:
- Ketchup is my favorite condiment. It’s been this way for as long as I can remember. My mom says that I used to put ketchup on my eggs when I was little, but I have no recollection of that.
- Though I don’t have as much time for it as I’d like, reading is something that I love (which is why you see all the book reviews). There’s nothing better than getting lost in a good book.
- I’ve had 3 favorite colors over the course of my life: purple, blue, and now pink. I’m slowly starting to like green, but I think it’s because I find myself often thinking of my grandmother, and green was her favorite color.
- Speaking of my grandmother, she was my first reading teacher and
forcedfostered my love for reading by making my read everything to her aloud. The newspaper, signs, random sheets of paper- nothing was off limits. I wish I could thank her for that today.
- I attended a high school focused on science and math- and while there I had AMAZING humanities teachers and a FABULOUS counselor that inspired me to work in education.
- I never planned to attend UNC, but going there changed my life. I found Jesus, met my husband (though we didn’t connect on that level until years later), and became friends with some of the most amazing people in the world.
- I hope to author several books over the course of my life.
- I am ridiculously southern, and have an unapologetic love for mason jars, monograms, and pearls.
- Before dating Preacherman, I rarely ate salmon. Now I have it for dinner once or twice a week.
- My work love language is “wearing jeans”. I love jeans, but I don’t have the opportunity to wear them as much. When we’re allowed to wear jeans at work on days OTHER than Friday, I get so excited!