Last week A couple of weeks ago, Hayley from A Beautiful Exchange nominated me for a Liebster Award, which is another way for bloggers to connect, encourage each other, and find new blogs to read. It was a total surprise, and I was humbled to know that other people besides Preacherman and my close friends and family read my blog!
Here’s how the Liebster Award works:
- What is your favorite meal? This is tough because I love food a little too much to be healthy. I definitely try to save most of my calories for dinner (although I know I should eat more at breakfast).
- What is the most embarrassing moment of your life? I’m not sure that I have one. Maybe because I’m not easily embarrassed or anything that may have been embarrassing at the time is just funny now? I asked Preacherman to remind me of an embarrassing story I told him, and he couldn’t find one either. The time I almost choked during communion? I’m just not sure. I’m sure this means something embarrassing will happen really soon!
- Tell us about your first boyfriend ever. Please include the juvenile, gushy details. My first real boyfriend was in middle school- we met at a dance and “went together” all through 7th and 8th grades. We both played sports, and were tall and skinny. We went to our 8th grade Prom together and my parents rented a Lincoln TownCar and chauffeured us to the dance. We broke up because he kissed another girl (my “friend”) on the bus.
- What is the story behind the name of your blog? You can find that here.
- If you had to live with 3 celebrities, who would you pick? Michelle Obama, Beyonce, Kelly Ripa- I think they’d be a lot of fun, and I would totally want access to their stylists and makeup artists!
- What are your top 3 favorite blog posts you have written? That’s tough, but I’d have to say this one on making marriage look good, my reflections one year after losing a student, and my thoughts on losing a friend.
- If you had to pick a name for your next child right this second, what would it be? Boy- Esias, Girl- Elliana, Embry, Emery (see a pattern?!)
- What’s your favorite type of ice cream? Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or Breyer’s Oreo Blast
- What are your everyday shoes? Hmmm…either my platinum Jack Rogers flats or my black C.Wonder flats or my red TOMS wedges
- What was the last purchase you made? Groceries (other than lots of goodies for Preacherman for Father’s Day)
- If you could go back in time and tell the 16 year old you one thing, what would it be? Greater is He that is in you, than He that is in the world. What you’re searching for can only be found in an authentic relationship with God. Pursue that, and you’ll have your heart’s desires.
- I gave my life to the Lord at age 20, and it’s been on the up and ups ever since.
- It’s almost impossible for me to turn down a cupcake- especially one with buttercream frosting.
- My favorite color is pink.
- I love school supplies (pens, notebooks, cutesy supplies…)
- I used to be a horribly clumsy, uncoordinated tomboy.
- I believe that unequal access to a great education is one of the biggest civil rights issues of our time.
- If I had to be a superhero, I’d choose to be WonderWoman.
- I hate paying full price for ANYTHING- the sale and clearance racks are my best friend.
- I love sports- particularly college basketball and college football.
- I LOVE to read. I mostly read blogs now since there’s not much time other than reading for my dissertation or reading my word.
- Soon, I will be Dr. Erin (once I finish this dissertation!)
Who I’m Nominating for the Liebster Award:
- Chamel from Chamel’s Creations
- Hannah at Wonderfully Sewn
- Jessica at Forever Convinced
- Quana at The Accidental Military Wife
- Mionna from JustMi
And My 11 Questions:
- What’s the best dish that you cook?
- What was your favorite subject when you were in school/growing up?
- What’s your all-time favorite book? Why?
- If you had the opportunity to start your own business, what kind of business would it be?
- What’s the best piece of advice you received from your parents?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Cats or Dogs? Which one would you prefer as a pet?
- Did you play any sports while in school? If so, which ones?
- If you could have an all-expenses paid vacation to anywhere in the world, where would you choose to go?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Chipotle, Qdoba, or Moe’s?
Thanks again, Hayley for nominating me! I appreciate your support!
Be encouraged! Peace and blessings!