Every time I post, my intention is to always make my next post happen fairly soon after. You know, get into the habit of writing regularly. But then, life happens. I get into my more common habits of grading, lesson planning, and coaching…and blogging becomes somewhat of an after thought- if ever a thought at all.
As Thanksgiving approaches, and I have time off to gather my thoughts and get ahead on grading and lesson plans, I also am reminded of how blessed I am. There have been many challenges this year from moving to a new place, starting a new job, and getting acquainted to my environment. However, I’ve been abundantly blessed in spite of my challenges and despite my own ability to get in my own way. That said, here’s a short list of what I’m thankful for:
1. I’m thankful for God: His grace, mercy, salvation, promises, peace, and unfailing love.
2. I’m thankful for family: their love, support, emails, calls, and cards of encouragement and for always believing in my dream despite my unbelief.
3. I’m thankful for friends: their laughter and encouragement, prayers, texts, Twitter and BBM updates keep me sustained as I go through the day to day grind.
4. I’m thankful for my students: who ALWAYS keep it real, make me laugh, push me to be a better person and teacher, and who understand that sometimes a hug is the best medicine.
5. I’m thankful for provision: in a recession, my needs are met and a lot of my wants are satisfied. Truly a testament to God’s faithfulness.
6. I’m thankful for the journey: the lessons learned and the growth that has taken place has helped to make me stronger. I’m also grateful for dreams that have come true, those in the process of coming true, and those that have yet to be dreamt. Again, a testament to God’s ability to do just what He is.
So, I’m truly thankful for everything and everyone in my life. I can honestly say I’m blessed.
Until next time…